Thursday, February 26, 2009

Commentating A Historic Event

The rain is still dominating life in this tropical island at the moment and made it rather interesting. Our island has been in the headlines concerning the mythical Nabu snake of the Baleh river (in terms of picture fakery), attacks on the Penan indigenous communities in Sarawak and now even endangered species, pygmy elephants VS palm oil plantations. Conservationists for years have shown interest to baby our island and with that we’ve been getting a lot of attention from others. In our fraction of the isle, on a much blissful note, we celebrated 25 years of independence from Britain and that morning we had endless blue skies. It was quite a beauty from where I was stationed at, the top end of the stadium terrace. I did my part for the nation as a commentator, reporting on this historic event on the airwaves. Boy was I feeling patriotic despite not holding a yellow-card…yet. 

And Oh yea, I’m a product of a 1984 baby and as my colleagues call it ‘Anak Merdeka’. At 25, life for me continues along the same path and sometimes with unavoidable dirt, all part of the rain and shine excitement living in home land.


This is where I was stationed, top end of the stadium terrace. Our Broadcasting Booth.

1 comments:

Mubarak Mashor / Eric said...

lucky you... i had to find refuge under the floodlight's shadow....

Post a Comment