Monday, March 30, 2009

I have never seen a dozen shades of green!

Although we didn't get a change to get hold of the KNK Passport provided by our friendly neighbourhood officers at the Tourism Department, we felt that the feeling of satisfaction is more than enough to leave a stamp in our heart. It is my second trip to Temburong. First one was strictly work related with some emceeing job I had to do and this second one is a strictly have-fun-go-wild-run-around-naked one. We took the monster truck to Limbang, crossed the ferry to Temburong. I know a lot of people are hoping for a bridge to be built so that it would be easily accessible, saves time as well and that's clearly understandable but its people like me that don't get to ride on ferries and is loving every second of the 2 minute ferry ride. Hey, if they put two ferries together, they don't actually need to build a bridge. I think two ferries connected is about the width of that river. We drove to the Trandie Marina Resort and took a longboat to the National Park, registered and paid $5 (comes with a park ranger). Then we disembarked into the best preserved tropical rainforest of Borneo. We climbed the very high scaffolding of the Canopy Walkway, the structure rises over 50 meters high on top of 850 meters high hill. That's from the ridge top to above the tree tops. Once you get to the top, all you can see is the amazing and panoramic view of the tropical rainforest, the clouds, the sounds of birds (you'll spot a few hornbills) and insects. The primary rainforest carpets about 78 percent of Brunei’s land area, most of which you can see from the Canopy Walk (Don't trust me, I tend to exaggerate).


Here is a video I made...Its really crappy. My first time using the video function in my camera. I didn't even know what to say! Please ignore my I love NY t-shirt. My sis bought it for me when she was living there.

Notes:
1. Please bring the OFF or any form of insect repellent.

2. Do not wear perfumes, bees will love you and you don't what that do you now?

3. 50 meters on a 850 meters hill, not recommended for people who are afraid of heights.

4.Once at the top, don't look down the forest floor, you'll feel dizzy. If its OK for you or you like the dizzying perspective then, look down...its amazing to know how high you've climb.

5. If you've not done any form of exercise, you'll NOT make it! Turn around and dip your feet in the river and wait for your buddies to get back and tell you all about their non-stop stories.

6. Oh yes, wear proper shoes, the track gets a little muddy.

7. If you missed out on it, don't meet your friends for 1 week because that's all they're going to talk about.

8. Have FUN!!!

The treehouse at Trandie Marina Resort. There are a few treehouses there and other abseiling activities.
The boat ride to the National Park, it was a whole lot of fun with the rapids. Recommended for rafting.
The Canopy Walkway above and the KNK logo. Photo by Spacemonkey. He was the first to reach the hilltop.
Sungai Apan waterfall. The water was soooo COLD! I kid you not. Photo again by Spacemonkey.

5 comments:

Ranz said...

cute...hehe

lisadragon said...

haha #7 !! True.. lol
Btw hellow CK! its lisa.
My photography stuff is at dragonbond.com & http://murosaki.dragonbond.com is my personal one.

Nice to hang out with u~

vinny said...

that canopy looks helluva lotsa fun! some good reason to go brunei..

CK said...

Hey Vinny,

Sure its great fun! You will love Temburong.

vincent said...

Hi CK,
I just booked my way to Brunei on July, finally. I would love to go Temburong then to a native longhouse, then to the Belalong National Park, and check out the canopy walk and research centre. how do i go around with this, can I do all myself or should go thru a tour? i check out Intrepid, but didn't get any respond from them.
if you wish, pls write to me at vincentlim8@gmail.com

Post a Comment