Saturday, May 16, 2009

An escape to AmiriCA

I did an escape to the border today. Drove my way past 30 hectares of burnt land that supposedly happened over the last two weeks. The sight of the post bush fire somewhat looked like it was caused by man. With the vast land, illegal farming activity is suspected and ignition risk is predicted. But really, I like to rewind the story and take you into my border experience. With the AH1N1 at loose, both the Malaysia and Brunei borders stationed health officers at location. The Brunei border carried out verbal Q & A on where did you come from, are you feeling well and were you from the airport check. The Malaysian border however distributed yellow A4 sized paper with two sections, one of which was about identity and the other was a health related check. I did section A easily but just as I got to section B, I tuned out. It was written in the Malay language and no translation were given. Its not because the language used was complex but the real problem is that the questions were lengthy and required a lot more comprehensible input. Essay type questions for a health check? Really it should have been easy straight to the point questions or maybe, just maybe, this virus is deadlier than I thought. I guess the sold out hand sanitizers might have added up to the hype.

0 comments:

Post a Comment