Friday, September 25, 2009

The Samba marches on.

It was June 28 2006, late it was that night i remembered. Cold too. I parked my car. Walked to the lounge. Sat on their chunky couch. Their airconditioning unit continued to give me the chills. He was worried as to why i didn't help myself to the food. As to my reply, I recall saying I had food poisoning a day before. It was unfortunate timing but that was what made every second of what happened a life moment. He persuaded me to select a team, from the lounge's massive screen. I ,after a lot of thinking, had picked Brazil. He, on the other hand, without much of a choice, automatically had Ghana. It was the world cup. It was also the day I came to be aware of such global event and it too was our first date. Brazil scored 3 goals and Ghana none. I predicted the victory and in turn the chills were non felt. Three years later, as to now, the chills have started to slowly crept back, breaking my bubble, creating a mess. I had feel, felt, found and forgotten how fragile i was. Tomorrows rain will wash the stains away. But some things in our minds will always stay. Happy silver natal anniversary to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment